Education and Qualifications
2006 – Present
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Social Geography and Regional Development; thesis: The Analysis of French Immigration Policy on Different Levels and its Possible Implications for Czech Migration Policy; Ph.D. degree (not finished yet)
Study and Residence Abroad:
- August 2008: summer school "Immigrant integration" – Centre for Economic Demography, Lund University, Sweden (in cooperation with International Max Planck Research School for Demography )
- September to December 2007 and April to June 2008: 6 month research stay in France (Université Paris IV-Sorbonne, École Normale Supérieure, research in field)
2003 – 2006
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Social Geography and Regional Development (Master degree, equiv. M. A.); thesis: Immigrants in European Metropolises – Analysis of the Migration and Integration Behaviour of Romanians in Paris and London
Study and Residence Abroad:
January to June 2005: 6 months Erasmus internship at the Faculty of Geography and Urbanism, Université Paris IV-Sorbonne, France
2000 – 2003
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Demography and Social Geography (Bachelor degree, equiv. B. A.); thesis: Ethnic Composition of the Czech Republic
"Elaboration of a Model of Local Integration Policy towards African Immigrants Residing in the Czech Republic" – co-researcher of grant project for young researchers for Grant Agency of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (leader: Mgr. Andrea Gerstnerová; id. number of the project: KJB901110803)
2007 – 2008
"The Analysis of French Immigration Policy – what can be learned concerning the Czech Republic" – principal researcher and project manager of student grant project for Grant Agency of Charles University in Prague (id. number of the project: 2100/2007)
2006 – 2008
"New institutional tools for territory development and territory preparation in problematic areas with focus on revitalization of unused objects and areas" – co-researcher of grant project for Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (leader: Lucie Doleželová, Ph.D.; id. number of the project: VaV/2D06025/2006)
- Integration politics
- Intercultural Life
- Migration politics in Europe
- Migration politics nationally
- Migration research
- Migration worldwide/in Europe
- Professional/social/cultural integration
- Seidlova, M., Urban, M. (2008): The Migration and Integration Behaviour of Romanians in Paris, London and Rome. In: Stojanov, R., Novosak, J. (eds.): Migration, Development and Environment: Migration Processes from the Perspective of Environmental Change and Development Approach at the beginning of the 21st Century. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 255-276. ISBN: 978-1-4438-0038-9.
- Seidlová, M. (2009): Promítnutí francouzské migrační politiky do lokálních integračních přístupů v Normandii. [The French immigration and integration policy at local level: the case of Normandy] In: Geografie- Sborník ČGS. Praha: NČGS. ISSN: 1212-0014 (forthcoming).
- Seidlová, M. (2008): The French Immigration Policy: what do we learn? In: GeoScape, 3, pp. 60-67. ISSN: 1802-1115.
- Seidlová, M. (2008): "Chceme mosty, ne zdi": Občanský summit o migraci. ["We want bridges, not walls": Citizen Summit on Migration] In: http://migraceonline.cz/e-knihovna/?x=2138431 , 7 p. ISSN: 1803-6589.
- Seidlová, M., Urban, M. (2007): The Economic Migration in Contemporary World – An Example of Analysis of Migration and Integration Behaviour of the Romanians in Paris, London and Rome. In: Acta Universitatis Carolinae – Geographica, 1-2, pp. 89-106. Praha: Univerzita Karlova. ISSN: 0300-5402.
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Department of Social Geography and Regional Development